Good for Letters to the Editor, phonebanking, you name it!
Obama is the only candidate to have released his tax forms. (neither McCain or Clinton have)
Obama has released his earmarks. (Clinton has not)
Hillary Clinton reigns as the Queen of Federal Pork
Obama was rated #1 in environmental policy by the League of Conservation Voters
Obama was right about Pakistan, back when Hillary was calling him "naive"
Washington Post gave Obama's economic plan an A- and gave Hillary's a C.
Wall Street Journal preferred Obama's healthcare plan over Hillary Clinton's
Judge Obama by his legislative achievments, which are quite impressive, according to the Washington Post
Why Obama should be the DNC Nominee
*Obama is a uniter. He has attracted new voters, young voters (that the Dems will need in future elections), Indep. and Republicans. HRC cannot win against McCain unless she can pull in independents, many of whom left the Dems when the Clintons were in the White House. Obama has a stronger chance to beat McCain in the fall than Hillary.
*There are distinct differences between Obama and McCain. Clinton and McCain both gave Bush the authorization to go to war and backed Bush on Iran.
*Obama made the best judgment call on the war in Iraq. He is tough on security, but knows we cannot make mistakes with such serious decisions. Clinton has admitted she did not read the report about the war. We cannot risk this lack of judgment again.
*Obama has experience in foreign policy. Talk about his trips to Iraq, Chad, Kenya, etc... Discuss his experience on the Senate Arms Services Committee, belief in strong diplomacy, negotiation, Obama-Lugar bill to secure "loose nukes".
*Obama is a Christian, not a Muslim. He has been a Christian for 20 years and goes to the same church. Assertions that he is a Muslim, besides being false, are disrespectful to Islam, Christianity, people of faith in general, and most importantly, the Democratic process.
*Obama has THE broadest base of supporters (race, sex, class, ethnicity, rural, urban, east, west, south, north, across religions and international Americans support). Hillary has a more polarizing base, age group and class of supporters. Obama can unite the party.
*Obama has a stronger vision of the democratic party being a more inclusive party. Clinton has alienated smaller states, caucus states, and states that she just didn't win. Obama is going to each and every state. Obama wants to be president of the UNITED states. Hillary wants to be president of the BLUE states. This paradigm needs to change and only Obama can do it.
*Obama will be able to raise more money for the Democratic party. Clinton is a machine and accepting lobbyists' money; Obama does not take money from registered lobbyists. Americans are giving to this campaign in record numbers because of Obama's message.
*Obama has stronger moral character, integrity, and character. We need a leader with Obama's characteristics and morals.
*Obama is running an upstanding and honorable campaign, bringing in voters who turned away from the Democrats and politics because of dirty tactics. Clinton can only resort to dirty politics because that is all she knows. It hurts the party and is not what the voters want in politics.
*Obama is loyal to the people and the DNC. He is purposefully not tearing down Hillary or bringing up her past scandals because he does not want to damage his party or run that type of campaign. He has not attempted to change the rules in regards to MI and FL's delegates. Obama accepted the rules and followed them. Hillary is disloyal to the DNC when it suits her. She seems willing to jeopardize the democrats chances in the fall in order to win. Obama is dedicated to the American people and his party.
And some more:
1. Created the Earned Income Tax Credit program that gave over $100 million in tax cuts for families throughout Illinois over 3 years.
2. Expanded support for early childhood education
3. Created a working, affordable health care plan in Illinois, that covers 70,000 kids and 84,000 adults, where all kids qualify for $40 per child. Obama sponsored and passed this legislation, working with Rod R. Blagojevich(IL Gov.) See All Kids http://www.allkids.com/ . It is a model for a workable, affordable national health care.
In the US Senate:
1. Cosponsored the Healthy Kids Act of 2007 and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) Reauthorization Act of 2007 to ensure that more American children have affordable health care coverage.
2. Obama worked to pass a number of laws in Illinois and Washington to improve the health of women. His accomplishments include creating a task force on cervical cancer, providing greater access to breast and cervical cancer screenings, and helping improve prenatal and premature birth services.
3. As a member of the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions committee, Obama helped pass legislation in the recent improvements to the Higher Education Act to increase the maximum Pell Grant award
and a lot more...